Mental health is an issue that affects all of us, but for business leaders it can be especially daunting. In a world where success is measured in terms of profit and productivity, it’s easy to lose sight of the importance of mental health for both you and your teams. As a leader, it’s important to recognize the impact of mental health on overall performance and take steps to ensure that your team is well supported in this area.
High stress can quickly destroy trust, inhibit empathy, and break down teams—each of which makes it more difficult for people to do their jobs. Fortunately, employers can provide some support. Here are some things employers can do to help employees manage stress and tend to their mental health:
- When possible, give employees a little extra time to slow down and rest
- Offer pto, mental health benefits, and flexible schedules if appropriate
- Offer an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Make reasonable accommodations when possible
- Create spaces for friendships to grow
- Promote good mental (and physical) health in the workplace
A mentally well workforce is a workforce that is more resilient, more productive, and more satisfied. As always, Kapnick can help. We take our role as your advisor seriously and are happy to help you strategize effective programs and communicate those resources to your employees.
Read our full article or reach out to us at email@example.com or 888.263.4656 for more information.